Friday, February 02, 2007

A Note to God RE: The Oscars

Thou shall not make for yourself an idol.


Dear God,

I don't ask you for much...not really anyway. And I try to be as good a person as I can, so please, please, please, won't you grant me this one wish. When the Academy Awards show rolls around later this month, and they announce the winner of Best Supporting Actor, could you please find it in your heart to make sure that Mark Wahlberg wins, and when he does win, could you please make sure they play this video and song during his walk to the podium.



Thanks God. I know this isn't a really important wish, with war, and disease, and famine going on out there, and I know you're a big fan of Little Miss Sunshine and Alan Arkin, but I promise, if you make this wish come true, I will devote the rest of my time here on earth to living life to the funkiest.

Amen

No comments: