Monday, January 29, 2007

Return of the briPod

I listen to music...aren't I cool?

Because I know that your wouldn't be complete without finding out what I listened to on my iPod this morning while commuting to work, here are the five songs that kept the insides of my ears warm while the rest of me was freezing.

Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head
by They Might Be Giants
Pretty much every TMBG song I've ever heard makes me feel smart and stupid at the same time. This one is no different.

Level
by The Raconteurs
I've been trying to resist the Jack White cult for as long as I could, but I was persuaded into buying Broken Boy Soldiers by their first single Steady as She Goes. I actually like this song even better. It's a good album all around, but there's still something about Jack White that irks me. I think it's his hair. It seems unnaturally straight and way too black.

Satan Is My Motor
by Cake
Satan may be your motor, but Jesus is my homeboy, and Buddha is my airbag.
Side note: I like cake...both the band and the dessert item, especially the yellow type.

Stand Up
by Jet
My favorite song ever used in a commercial for the Discovery Channel.

'Zat You Santa Claus?
by Louis Armstrong
Umm...I forgot to take my Christmas music off my iPod. At least my tree is down.


No comments: