Friday, January 26, 2007

Meet the New Star of My Nightmares

This story broke a couple of days ago, but I haven't had the time to actually view the video until now. This rare species of shark, called a frilled shark, is rarely caught on film while alive since it's normal habitat is usually around 2000 ft. below this surface. This particular specimen was caught in about 5 feet of water. As a result, I am now officially terrified of going swimming. This fish is absolutely hideous. I'm pretty sure it's going to haunt my dreams for the rest of my life.




***UPDATE***
Apparently YouTube was forced to take the video I have posted above down, so clicking on it won't let you see anything. There's another video of the shark posted here, this time with Japanese commentary.

For those of you so enamored with my blog that you're afraid to navigate away, I've posted this picture:

"Boo!"

No comments: