Thursday, April 13, 2006

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.


Brian and Nicole in Puerto Rico
As seen through the eyes of a man with only one contact lens.

Because of this freaky eye condition I have, I need to wear hard contact lenses to correct my vision. Unfortunately, hard contacts are not only expensive, but fragile. I've had them about a year, and frankly, I've been lucky they've lasted this long. If I had to, I would have bet that I'd have lost one down the drain or have one pop out on the subway a long time ago. Well today my luck ran out. The contact for my left eye slid off my finger while I was putting it in this morning, and in an attempt to find it, I stepped on it and crushed it. I'm forced now to walk around with one contact in. It's tons of fun...let me tell you. I hope my Doctor can get a replacement before I get so dizzy I start throwing up.

No comments: